Are you experiencing pain that originates in your lower back and then radiates to your buttocks and down your leg? You may be struggling with sciatica. Sciatica is a common condition that many patients struggle with throughout their lifetime. The condition is caused by compression of the sciatic nerve, which branches from your lower back through your hips and buttocks and down each leg.
If you are dealing with the pain of sciatica and you live in or around North San Antonio, Dr. Clark at Aloha Wellness can help using natural and non-invasive treatments. We will address the underlying source of the problem and treat it directly to provide the pain relief that you need.
The Symptoms of Sciatica
Sciatica is a sharp and intense pain that can come on suddenly or gradually. There are many potential causes of this pain, including a herniated or slipped disc and the narrowing of your spine. It may also be a side effect of an injury or chronic health condition such as diabetes. Sciatica is often seen in overweight patients and patients that lead inactive lifestyles.
Some of the symptoms of sciatica include the following:
- Lower back pain that radiates down the buttocks and the leg. The pain may become worse when you cough or sneeze.
- Muscle pain and weakness that becomes more severe after long periods of standing or sitting still.
- A numb or tingling sensation
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
Chiropractic Care for Sciatica
Left untreated, sciatic nerve pain can become worse. Our chiropractor at Aloha Wellness will develop a customized treatment plan to treat your sciatica. Our therapy methods include:
- Spinal manipulations to align the spine properly and relieve the pressure on your sciatic nerve.
- Hot and cold therapy works to reduce any inflammation of the nerve.
- Teaching you stretches and exercises that you can do at home to ensure your treatments are as effective as possible.
- Massage therapy to relieve the pain caused by sciatica.
Get Quality Treatment for Your Sciatica in North San Antonio, TX
Sciatica can greatly reduce your quality of life turning even small movements into a painful experience. Chiropractic care involves natural treatments that do not rely on pain medication or surgery to produce results. Call our team at Aloha Wellness today at (210) 377-3379 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.