Our Bodies are Unique & Multi-faceted. So is our Approach to Whole-Body Vitality!
I want to tell you about the most beautifully crafted system called the body. The Body is a brilliant self-maintaining, self-healing, operating system with feedback loops designed to perfectly tune itself for optimum performance. Better than a machine it also has the ability to heal, repair and replace tissues. Health is more than the absence of disease. It is achieving whole-body equilibrium. Our job at Aloha Wellness is to eradicate nerve interference, biochemical and energetic challenges, as well as lifestyle decisions that impede the body from doing its good work.
A visit to Aloha Wellness is a fun, informative, safe, and naturally preventative and developmental approach for your nervous system, body, and mind. From a structural perspective we remove nerve obstruction by correcting the full-body and vertebral subluxation allowing the body to ultimately perform optimally. This means the body will be better suited to handle the stresses of everyday life whether its physical, chemical or energetic. The body’s ability to improve health is increased.
The next area of our focus is Bio-Chemical. This is the physiology of the body and how the chemistry works in your body to keep all of your systems working at peak performance. What factors and biochemical building blocks does your body need to work more efficiently? What elements and chemicals does your body have too much of? What damage has been caused by having too much or too little of these biochemical factors over time? We scientifically look at how your body heals based on both internal and external chemistry. So, we work hard with you to help your body address the exposures to chemicals in your individual environment, which is what you eat, drink, breathe and come into contact with. We fix your imperfect chemistry, so your body becomes really good at self-correction, self-repair and thus healing. Health is really “living life to the fullest.” We will get you there!
These elements determine the health of your body. If they are good – you’re good. If these elements are bad – then well – your uncomfortable. All of our maladies, injuries and chronic conditions occur due to one or more of these elements. They are interconnected and addressing one without the others is a short-term fix much like putting a band-aid on a major wound. A simple chiropractic adjustment may allow us to feel better for a while, but we don’t correct the source of the condition then it comes back. We quickly identify and correct all the elements to address the issue holistically. Addressing only one aspect leaves the possibility for these unresolved conditions to become long-standing or chronic. This is when people end up at the doctor to address their advanced situation with medicine and surgery. At Aloha we are addressing and correcting the issues well before they become a medical necessity.
We look forward to bringing back your Whole-Body Vitality so you can:
- Be More Active
- Sleep more deeply and restfully
- Enjoy more youthful energy throughout the day
- Ignite your body's natural recuperative powers and in general
- Help you to enjoy your life more fully
Each person has different needs in order to return to good health. Some are in worse health than others when they present themselves in our office. Some people have more complicated considerations than others. Each person’s care incorporates the following aspects to varying degrees.
First we look to the spine, then to the head and feet. If the base is not level, the whole structure will be off. Extremity and cranial alignments improve the spine’s ability to remain in equilibrium. Reducing the vertebral subluxation and freeing nerve friction by adjusting the spine is foremost in the return to optimum health.
- Subluxation Station - This computerized outcome assessment tool (see below) allows for identification and monitoring of the vertebral subluxation. Paraspinal thermography and paraspinal surface EMG help to identify the vertebral interference. A copy of the results is provided for each patient to monitor their progress. This has raised the standard of Chiropractic care and is standard in our practice.
- X-ray - When necessary for incidents of trauma or chronicity, we may acquire radiological imaging to identify structural integrity. This traditional tool allows the doctor to rule out any underlying pathology or injury, while determining the basic alignment of the spine and extremities. It is just another tool that allows us to maintain the highest standard of care. We will order x-rays, only if needed.
Body Memory - The body has memory. Muscles have memory. Cells have memory. In order to remove some of the programming of the past, physiologic changes must also occur.
- Mental Programming - From the Eastern philosophies, body meridians are associated with certain emotions. For some, these emotions are the result of poor programming or inadequate nutrition and reduce the body’s ability to maintain health. This increases the rate at which the body is able to overcome its stresses and improve healing.
- Rehabilitation Exercise - Physical and neurological reprogramming usually begins weeks to months into care. This increases the rate at which the body is able to overcome any traumas and to heal. Recommendations for fitness and performance enhancement to reach your new health goals will also be made.
- Assistive Devices - Products such as pillows, supports, braces, or taping assist the physical and neurological reprogramming during care. This increases the rate at which the body is able to stabilize and to heal. Recommendations for products may be made for each individual.
Energy Balance - Matter and energy are related. This is a basic premise of all science. Physics has defined its relationship. However, few doctors have combined the two in practice. Whether it’s a quantum mechanics model, Ayurvedic or Meridian systems, we look to balance the energies of the body so that corrections in the physical and biochemical are long-lasting and complete.
Biochemical - Two areas addressed are nutrition and homeopathic assistance. Nutrition plays an important role in the return to health especially due to toxicity, sensitivities, or deficiencies. The nervous system may send the signals to the body, but if the biochemical building blocks are not present, your body is unable to heal itself. Whole foods provide assistance in healing in spite of our environmental and daily concerns.
Health Coaching - While your health is improving, there are steps to maintain correction and improve your outcomes while you’re at home or work. Each day the media presents us with the newest, best program or pill. We can help sort out the “hype.” We can help you figure out what your other doctors have said, openly and honestly. Optimal health is attainable. At Aloha Wellness, we make it complete and long-lasting, call us for more information about our holistic approach to Whole - Body Vitality at 212-377-3379, or schedule an appointment!