How Your Chiropractor Can Help You Manage Neck Pain
If you suffer from chronic neck pain, you are far from alone. Up to 70 percent of all adults will struggle with neck pain severe enough to affect their everyday life at some point in their lifetime. However, you do not have to live with it. The right neck pain treatment can be world-changing, and the right chiropractor can help. If you are in North Central San Antonio, we are happy to help at Aloha Wellness.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Neck Pain?
Your cervical spine runs through your neck and contains seven vertebrae. Its purpose is to support the weight of your head, as well as turn it in nearly any possible direction. However, the neck’s flexibility is also what makes it so vulnerable to strain, often resulting in neck pain. Some of the more common causes include:
- Injury: Any incident that forces a sudden movement of the head or neck is likely to result in some degree of strain. The resulting damage to the muscles, spine, ligaments, or nerves can easily result in acute or chronic neck pain.
- Lifestyle Choices: Sedentary lifestyle choices, obesity, and bad posture can all add up to chronic neck and back pain over the years.
- Aging: Many conditions associated with advancing years can cause neck pain if they are severe. Examples include arthritis, spinal stenosis, and osteoporosis.
There are also many diseases and medical conditions that can come with neck pain as a symptom. A chiropractor can help with all of these possibilities.
How Will Your Chiropractor Treat Your Neck Pain?
Your chiropractor will start by attempting to identify the root cause of your neck pain. In addition to examining you physically, he will ask you various questions to get an idea of when the pain started. He will also ask about the nature of your pain, as well as what treatments you’ve already tried. At that point, he will discuss possible courses of neck pain treatment. All possibilities are non-invasive and include options like:
- Spinal adjustment and manipulations of the cervical vertebrae
- Therapeutic massage
- Ultrasound therapy
- Electrostimulation therapy
- Rehabilitative movements and exercises
Your specific treatment program may include just one of those or several of them depending on your personal needs, the causes of your pain, and other factors regarding your current level of health.
Choose the Right North Central San Antonio Chiropractor
You only have one spine, so choosing the right care provider is essential. If you’re in North Central San Antonio or the surrounding areas, call Aloha Wellness and schedule a consultation today! We will help put an end to your pain so you can get back to living your best life.